Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Tigers Card Tuesday...1961 Topps Jake Wood

Today's a special Tigers Card Tuesday! 

I got a package in the mail on Saturday, and it contained a card that's part my goal of collecting 61 different 1961 Topps Baseball Cards, a celebration of turning 61 this year. 


A couple of weeks ago I posted on the Tigers Facebook group that I'm a part of, some '61 Topps that were sent to me from an awesome collector on Twitter.



Someone asked me in the comments if I had a particular card, and when I saw the card, I could only look at it and say that I didn't, but I couldn't afford the card, no matter how beautiful it was.

I can only trade for cards, or make a purchase on eBay, or COMC, etc., or, as it's happened a few times, the cards are gifted to me, as I don't have PayPal, or Venmo, etc. 


👉 A while later, after I'd gotten up from a much needed nap, I had a message waiting for me.



To say the least, I was completely blown away, WOW, I couldn't believe what I was reading.




A very Happy Baseball Birthday! to me, indeed! 


I'm continually amazed at the generosity of "the hobby," and I know that I'll never be able to repay all the kindness shown to me these past few years.






👍 Thanks to fellow Tigers fan Justin Pidruzny, for making this old guys Birthday extra special.


😎 Tell me your favorite 1961 Topps card in the comments.


Have a great Tuesday everyone, and keep swinging that bat, one day, you might hit that game winning HR.


 PLAY BALL! 🐯⚾




3 comments:

  1. My favorite '61 Topps card is Sandy Koufax with Wally Moon a close second.

    Jake Wood has some great cards. I've long considered doing a post on them, but I don't own many.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I own many 1961 Topps cards. In fact... the only one I know of off the top of my head is the Stan Musial and I think my copy has writing on the back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems appropriate, a sharp looking card for John Sharp :)

    ReplyDelete