Sunday, February 7, 2021

Super Sunday, 2021

Today is Super Bowl Sunday, the 55th annual clash between the AFC and NFC Champions.





For me, well, I'm old, and this will be my 52nd as a fan, (I missed the first three), and, as I have the previous 9 times, I'll be cheering on my favorite football player, Tom Brady.




The 43 year old former Michigan QB continues to defy all the odds of age and sports performance, playing better than young QBs nearly half his age.




I first saw Brady play in person at the Citrus Bowl in Orlando following his Junior year at UM, as the Wolverines defeated the Arkansas Razorbacks.





That year Brady began his two years as the Michigan signal caller, leading the Wolverines to a 10-3 record.

In 1999, his Senior year, Brady led the Maize & Blue to a 10-2 record, including wins over Notre Dame, Ohio State, and Alabama in the Orange Bowl.





20-5 as a starter, including a 2-0 record in bowl games, Brady was the clear leader on that team, even though Head Football Coach Lloyd Carr was forced to play young phenom Drew Henson.


Win, or lose, Tom Brady is my guy.

Here's my Top 5 All-Time Quarterbacks.

Tom Brady

Johnny Unitas

Joe Montana

Otto Graham

Peyton Manning.


Who you rooting for today?

Give me your Top 5 QBs.


Have a great Sunday, and, as always, LET'S GO! 

PLAY BALL! 🏈 

4 comments:

  1. In no particular order
    Peyton Manning
    Joe Montana
    Russell Wilson
    Dan Marino
    Kurt Warner

    ReplyDelete
  2. I won't be watching it, but I will be rooting for Tom's team too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm rooting for Brady. It's just a bonus that if he wins, it upsets his haters. Go Blue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh... Top 5? I'll start with Favre. I'll give you the rest next weekend.

    ReplyDelete