Monday, November 2, 2020

Monday Mop Up, November 2, 2020

It wasn't a good sports weekend in my house, as Michigan lost at home to MSU, the Lions lost at home to the Colts, and Tracy's Cowboys lost at Philadelphia last night to the rival Eagles.


Neither loss from my teams was a surprise, especially the Lions, but the Wolverines looked like they weren't ready to play, and that's as inexcusable as it gets in a game against your in state rivals.


It was the first time in his tenure that I was truly upset with Coach Harbaugh, and I hope I don't feel like that again...so, it's on to Indiana, and, as always, it's always, Go BLUE! 




Saturday was Halloween πŸŽƒ, as well as then end of another fantastic year of following Collecting Cutch and his posts of PINK Andrew McCutchen and Pittsburgh Pirates Baseball Cards, all to raise money for his annual "Save Second Base" mission to provide a mammogram to a woman whom otherwise wouldn't be able to afford one.

His recap of all his posted cards is up for you to check out.


Cutch is probably quite giggly today, as his beloved Pittsburgh Steelers beat the rival Baltimore Ravens yesterday, moving to 7-0 on the season.


πŸ‘ Thanks to all of the amazing bloggers out there who participated in this year's event.

πŸ“† I'm already looking forward to October of 2021.


My favorite baseball team, the Detroit Tigers, found themselves a new Manager, hiring former Diamondbacks and Astros skipper, A. J. Hinch.


Of course, Hinch, who  played for the 2003 Tigers team that lost 119 games, comes to the Motor City with a lot of baggage from the Astros cheating scandal, and that's gonna have to be addressed in Spring Training, when, hopefully, baseball gets back to some sense of normal.


For me, I think it's OK that they hired Hinch...that scandal in Houston just can't happen anymore, not with all the limitations that MLB has put on what teams can observe digitally during a game.

I'm pretty sure no one is gonna be banging any trash cans in the Home Dugout at Comerica Park, plus, we might just see a familiar face come back to Detroit in 2022.



To me, the Astros part of Hinch is just like that scene in "The World According to Garp," where a  plane crashes into a house that Robin Williams is looking to buy.



As his character, T. S. Garp says, "...it's been Pre- Disastered." 



Hope y'all have a awesome week...and, please, remember to to exercise your right to Vote!



Play BALL! ⚾πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡²⚾πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡²⚾πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡²⚾πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡²⚾πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡²

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad I had to work and missed the game. I recorded it but after finding out what happened, I deleted it immediately. I knew I would be mad the whole time so I didn't put myself through it. This week with IU scares me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so bummed to see the Packers lose to the Vikings... but a few hours later the Seahawks beat the 49ers and helped turn my day around. It's funny how the outcome of the teams we root for impact our emotions. Best of luck next week versus Indiana.

    ReplyDelete