Friday, November 6, 2020

Football Card Friday...2009 Topps Magic Joe Flacco

Today's Football Card Friday! takes us back to one of my favorite sets of football cards, 2009 Topps Magic, and card #51, Joe Flacco



I opened a few packs of Topps Magic all those years ago, a got some terrific cards, including Peyton Manning, Reggie Bush, Tom Brady, and Darren McFadden.





🏈 I like Joe Flacco, the former Super Bowl Championship QB of the Baltimore Ravens, who now plays for the New York Jets....and who's seen much better days.

🏈 Flacco played college football at the University of Delaware, who, just happens to be my favorite football team from New Jersey.

OK, so when I first started following college football in the mid-late 1970s I'd see pictures of football players from Delaware, and I noticed that their helmets looked quite familiar.




Yes...the Blue Hens of Delaware have awesome team colors! 


👀 When Joe Flacco was a Senior at Delaware I'd see a few of his games and highlights on TV, and I instantly became a fan of the young man from Voorhees, New Jersey, 


➡️ Looking through all of Flacco's cards on TCDB, I found a bunch of really cool looking football cards that I'm putting on my wish/must have list.


Hey, I needed that card for Save Second Base last month! 




These are terrific looking cards, and I'm definitely gonna need to work on adding more Flacco cards to my collection.



🤔 Who's a QB you like from a team that's not your favorite? 

Have a great weekend watching all the college and pro football games, and, unless you're a fan of the Indiana Hoosiers or Minnesota Vikings, I wish your teams well. 😂😂 


Play BALL! 💛🏈💙🏈💛🏈 💙🏈


1 comment:

  1. Hmmm... tough question. Back in the day, it was guys like Marino and (Peyton) Manning. Mahomes and Murray are fun to watch. And my parents are from Hawaii, so I'll quietly be rooting for Tagovailoa.

    ReplyDelete