Thursday, November 5, 2020

My Mailbox... World Series Door Prize from Collectors Crack

Just a couple of weeks ago the Los Angeles Dodgers won the World Series, beating the Tampa Bay Rays, 4 games to 2.


Even though I didn't have the Dodgers beating the Rays, I did have them winning, in a contest held by CynicalBudda over at Collectors Crack.



Now, I had L.A. beating the New York Yankees, not Tampa Bay, so I didn't win the big prize, and that's OK, it's just fun to enter.

I did get notice that I won a door prize, and I was totally surprised by that, and, the mailman brought the package of cards yesterday.



Now, it should be noted that I had no idea what was coming in the package, and, truth be told, I'm getting so old that I'd actually completely forgotten about the contest...even after sending my address.

📫 So, here's a brief look at what was in that awesome package ...full of Detroit Tigers baseball cards! 



➡️ Remember, I'm taking these pictures from my cell phone... 📸... apologies as always.











The Gerald Laird card is headed straight to the Catchers Card Binder. 



Tyrus Raymond as a member of the old Philadelphia Athletics, 1927-28, a beautiful baseball card!




Miguel Cabrera... These caricatures cards are pretty cool!




👀👀 I also go this card on BUNT... so, you get a better picture of the card.




Austin Jackson...my first relic card of the former Tigers center fielder. 



I guess this is a mini Topps Archives Relic card of Austin, using the 1975 Topps set. 


👌👌👌👌 Thanks, Buddha, for the nice note, it's much appreciated, and thanks, again, for the great cards. 👌👌👌👌





Have a great Thursday... PLAY BALL! ⚾








3 comments:

  1. The Archives relic with the 1975 Topps design is pretty cool. Congratulations on the door prize win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty solid door prize there, especially that Platinum Diamond Ty Cobb!

    ReplyDelete