Wednesday, November 25, 2020

#Freehan79 Day 7- Bobbleheads and Meeting Julie

Today is Day #7 of my 11 day countdown to celebrating the 79th Happy Baseball Birthday! of my baseball hero, Bill Freehan, on November 29th. 




A couple of years ago the Tigers held Bill Freehan Bobblehead Day, on June 2, 2018.

It was part of the season long celebration of the 1968 World Series Champions, and part of the celebrating was a series of 4 Bobblehead Days, one each for Willie Horton, Al Kaline, Mickey Lolich, and Bill Freehan.


I definitely wasn't going to miss this day.




Julie, of a Cracked Bat, stoped by to say hello.




Matt Boyd started the game, Miguel Cabrera singled, Nichols Castellanos connected for a pair of base hits, Jeimer Candelario hit a HR, and Big Joe Jimenez picked up the save...oh, and, the Tigers won the game.



Yes, I got to see my guy, Matt Boyd, pitch, and I also got to see a future HOFer get a base hit.




I'm very much thankful for the awesome people that I've met as part of the Blogging Community, and on social media.

They have met the world to me, and I'm a better person because of them. 


Have a terrific Thanksgiving Day, and, of course, thanks so much for taking time out of your busy day to read my blog.

Play BALL! 🐯⚾🦃 

4 comments:

  1. That's a talented group. Not surprised they had a good team.

    Yeah, Miggy's a stud.

    That is not how I thought Julie looked. I thought she was blonde. Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome blogger gathering! You just needed Dennis and you would have had the Tigers blogger trifecta.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's for another post, with Dennis and Paul from Scribbled Ink.

      Delete
  3. ah John. My secret's out! Well, my hair is longer now (def not blonde) and the perm long gone along with a few pounds. It was great to meet you as well. I hope we make it to a live game next year and have another chance to meet again. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete