Monday, January 21, 2019

Monday Mopup...January 21, 2019

First off... I had no idea that Sunday was National Cheese Lovers Day... but that's probably because I was much to busy watching great championship football games.



πŸˆπŸ“Ί There were two awesome games played on the gridiron Sunday, and for the first time in NFL History, both the AFC and NFC Championship games went into overtime.

First, in New Orleans, the Los Angeles Rams came back to win in OT in the Superdome, on a 57 yard field goal from kicker Greg Zerlein.

Then, a few hours later in frigid Kansas City, my favorite QB, the legendary Tom Brady, drove the New England Patriots right down the field in the first possession of OT, and the Patriots beat the Chiefs, 37-31, to advance to their 3rd straight Super Bowl, the 9th with Brady, and the franchise's 11th overall since 1985.

                          🐐🐐🐐🐐🐐

I never hide my love for Brady, the former Michigan Wolverines signal caller who beat Alabama...in OT...to win the 2000 Orange Bowl, and who I brilliantly (?) predicted after that game that some NFL team was going to get themselves a terrific player.


Tom Brady's 2000 Score Rookie Previews Autographed card is easily my favorite football card in my collection.


πŸ“ΊπŸˆ Speaking of football on TV, here's a great article on former Dallas Cowboys QB Tony Romo's brilliance on TV.



⚾️ OK... Some baseball stuff.

⚾️πŸŽ‚πŸŽ Happy Baseball Birthday! to former big league pitcher Mike Krukow.



One of my favorite things during the baseball season is listening to late games from the West Coast, including San Francisco Giants games with Krukow, Duane Kiper, and Jon Miller...one of the best in the game.


πŸŽ™πŸ“»⚾️🐐 Greatness and brilliance, both qualities that certainly can be said about long time play by play voice of the Cincinnati Reds, Marty Brenneman, who has announced that 2019 will be his last calling Reds Baseball.


I really want to own one of these gorgeous 2017 Topps Archives Fan Favorites.

I go back a long way with Marty, as I remember him doing baseball games for NBC back in the 1970s...he takes me back to when I was learning baseball, and he's truly a HOF broadcaster.

πŸ“Ί⚾️ FOX Sports Sun has a new addition to their coverage of Tampa Bay Ray's baseball games... Tricia Whitaker.




⚾️🐐 Will Leitch has your Hall of Famers for all 30 baseball teams.

Miguel Cabrera is the obvious choice for my Tigers, and Justin Verlander as well,  although I disagree with him that the Colorado Rockies have no HOF players.

He's obviously never seen Nolan Arenado play...or, I guess, it's more dumb talk about how players who spend their careers playing at Coors Field don't count.

Any doubts...ask Paul from A Scribbled Ink about the Rockies 3rd sacker.

Oh...and then there's Todd Helton...he's a HOFer as well...and he played his entire career in the Mile High City.




⚾️ Brian Hoch writes on the MLB App that the Reds and Yankees are finalizing a trade for Sonny Gray.


⚾️ Michael Claire at Cut 4 has a marvelously written piece on the history of sanitary socks and baseball stirrups.



Stirrups on baseball cards...a great tradition!



Well, that's it for now, I'm getting tired...it's 2 a.m. on Monday morning and I need some sleep.


Until next time...have a great week...and PLAY BALL! THE ⚾️😎

2 comments:

  1. The games last night were nothing short of entertaining. I'm sad that darn non-call at the end of the Rams-Saints game will be the narrative we have to listen to forever. ugh. I have a self proclaimed man crush on Tom Terrific but really thought the Chiefs would win that game. How did I dare doubt him? It was a fun night and I've loved Romo as an announcer but really he outdid himself. He just needed to have a crystal ball sitting next to him. Nice looking Brady card. Definitely one to be proud of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some seriously exciting football yesterday. That Brady autographed card is sweet! He's one of the few autographs of current players that I really, really want... but don't have. Lol. And base on his prices, probably won't ever have.

    ReplyDelete