Monday, January 7, 2019

Baseball Bulletin... January 7, 2018

As baseball season inches closer and closer...its about 45 days away ( right around my birthday) until pitchers and catchers report, it's time to fire up the Baseball Bulletin again.





πŸ€ πŸ’Yesterday was a pretty good day as my Wolverines hoop squad improved to 15- 0 with a 74-63 win over Indiana, finishing off a great Maize & Blue weekend following the Michigan hockey teams 4-2 win over the Fighting Irish on Saturday in an outdoor game played at Notre Dame Stadium.



⚾️ I saw a cool post by Defgav about him changing his baseball wallet card.

In his post is a link to another blogger changing his baseball wallet card, Brian, from Highly Objective and Completely Arbitrary.

🎯 These two posts were fun to read, and, for someone of my age, it reminded me of the most famous of all baseball wallet cards, Bob Costas and his Mickey Mantle card.




πŸƒ I'm not sure when I last carried an actual wallet, probably 10 years ago.

I used a money clip for a while, and now all I carry is my ID.

If I did carry a wallet, and was gonna put a baseball card in it, I'd have to start with one of my hero, of course.


🎯 I think Gummy Arts would be OK if I used the Bill Freehan card he drew for me.


⚾️ Take a look back to the history of the baseball "rookie" cards with Jason's Cards.


😎 That 1963 Topps RC looks familiar. πŸ‘Œ



⚾️πŸŽ‚πŸŽ Happy Baseball Birthday! to former big league pitcher Ross Grimsley, born on this day in 1950.

πŸ‘€ Using Grimsley 's baseball cards, Adam at Wax Pack Gods has a fun look at how Ross evolved through the 1970s.

πŸ‘Of course, when it comes to Ross Grimsley, I automatically think of The Hall of Very Good, who Inducted the former left hander in 2016.





✔ The Baseball Hall of Fame inductees, as voted on by the Baseball Writers Association of America, will be announced o January 22nd.

πŸ‘€ In case you missed it, here's my ballot, if I had one.



πŸ€” When's the last time you heard of former big league pitcher Scipio Spinks?
πŸ‘€ Well, hey, then today is your day!


🏈 Cynical Buddah has officially started his 9th Annual Super Bowl Contest.

🎯 My Pick... Tom Brady and the Patriots get their revenge on Philadelphia, beating the Eagles, 27-23.

Well, that's it for now, thanks again for taking time to read my blog.

PLAY BALL! ⚾️πŸˆπŸ€πŸ’πŸ₯…









1 comment:

  1. Wow. That last photo kinda makes me wanna cheer for the Pats.

    ReplyDelete