Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Card Corner... 2019 Topps Detroit Tigers Short Prints

Tomorrow is officially release day for Topps Series 1 Baseball cards, and yet, as always, some collectors have gotten their hands on them early, and with that, we're seeing images of short prints as well.

Thanks to Beckett.com , and Ryan, a.k.a. @tradercracks on Twitter,  a list of all 75 SP and SSP (Super Short Print) card images are known, including the 3 Detroit Tigers cards.




🎯 #176 Ty Cobb (SSP)


This card is pretty cool, and the use of the Olde English D from back in Cobb's day makes the card  even better.

The SSP will, most assuredly, make it hard for me to find,  and as equally hard to afford.


🎯 #209 Nicholas Castellanos


As a fan of the slugging right fielder, I'm certainly hoping to add this to my collection.


🎯 #230 Miguel Cabrera



I'm not sure why Topps used this card of the Mighty Miggy, it looks like a base card to me.


Now, while its certainly fun to pull, and collect these cards, it's no secret that many Tigers fans, including myself, wish that Topps would actually include other players instead of Cobb and Cabrera.


A card of Matthew Boyd, Nico Goodrum, Mickey Lolich...or Bill Freehan short print would be nice for a change, after all, Detroit has been in the American League for 119 years.


A couple non-Tigers SP cards I like.

✔ This SP card of former Tigers pitcher Justin Verlander is pretty snazzy...certainly a card I'll try and obtain...



... as is this SP of former Jacksonville Suns catcher and the hottest catcher in all the trade rumors, Miami Marlins backstop J.T. Realmuto. 🐟



Another terrific SP card is of perennial All-Star and 🌟Gold Glove Award 🌟 winning St. Louis Cardinals catcher Yadier Molina.



Because of the horrendous winter weather here in Kalamazoo I doubt I'll get my hands on any packs until next week, but I'll certainly be reading the blog posts and scanning my Twitter feed to see other collectors opening the first baseball cards of the year.



Enjoy ripping those packs, and, of course...Play Ball!



2 comments:

  1. Yadier Molina, not his brother Bengie, of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops...oversite from blogging at midnight. Appreciate it.

      Delete