Friday, April 7, 2017

30 Day Baseball Card Challenge... Day 6

Day 6 of the 30 Day Baseball Card Challenge is a baseball card you spent more than $10.00 on.








This one was pretty easy for me.







                                    🌟🌟🌟 2012 Topps #639 Justin Verlander SPORTS 🌟🌟🌟




It took me a few months to find this card...I'm not sure that I even knew about it until sometime in 2013...and it cost me $20...and although it might not be worth that much anymore,  it's still my favorite Justin Verlander baseball card... I've been waiting 6 years now for him to get that 3rd no-hitter! 



The list of Detroit Tigers pitchers to throw no-hitters is a short one that consists of just five (5) members, and the list of pitchers to toss TWO no-hitters wearing the Olde English D is much, much more exclusive.




⚾⚾ Virgil "Fire" Trucks , who tossed two no-nos in 1952, and current Tigers ACE Justin Verlander are the only two Tigers to accomplish the feat.




⚾⚾ Verlander's first no-no came against the Milwaukee Brewers on June 12, 2007... the only no-hitter in the 18 year history of Comerica Park.




No-hitter number 2 was tossed by Verlander at Rogers Centre in Toronto on May 7, 2011 against the Blue Jays.




Justin Verlander  made his 9th Opening Day start for the Tigers as he begins his 13th season in Detroit.




This 30 Day Baseball Card Challenge continues tomorrow with a card I bought in person...and why.


That's gonna take some thought, but I think I'll get it done.




Until then... PLAY BALL!



No comments:

Post a Comment