Friday, April 21, 2017

30 Day Baseball Card Challenge... Day 12

Day 12 of the 30 Day Baseball Card Challenge is one of your favorite baseball cards from the 1980s.



For some reason, some 33 years later, if you ask me about 1980s baseball cards  I'm probably going to talk about the Rookie Card of Donnie Baseball, Don Mattingly.








🌟🌟🌟 Topps 1984 #8  Don Mattingly 🌟🌟🌟



What's not to like about this card...there he is, a future 9 Time Gold Glove winner  in position as the pitch is being delivered...wearing the Yankees Pinstripes at home, with his photo, name, and position all right there on the card.


In the mid 1980s this was the card to have, the card everyone tried to find, at least to those of us guys in the US Navy who collected baseball cards.



I was no Yankees fan, but I always like Mattingly...the way he carried himself, the way he played the game.


I've never had this card, but I'd love to own one.


● Up next, it's a favorite card from  the 1990s. ●











No comments:

Post a Comment