Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Tigers Card Tuesday... #RAK Bill Freehan Cards

I had already started today's Tigers Card Tuesday! post, but I had to pivot after getting a couple cards in the mail today.


 



🐦 Twitter is a great place for me and baseball cards.

The hobby love is never ending,  it's just cool seeing collectors help each other out, or, in my case, have an overwhelming show of support from people who follow me and know my love of Bill Freehan.

The above cards of Freehan, a 1969 Topps Game, #11, and a 1969 Topps Deckle Edge, are two awesome cards of the former Tigers catcher, although I was always upset at Topps for just giving Bill a Walk card, well, because he only managed 626 bases on balls on balls in 6,900 plate appearances in 15 years.


One day, last week, I woke up from my afternoon nap to find...


( I'm really not happy about this new Blogger picture problem....it's enlarged as much as it can with going to it's original size...UGH!  😩


👉 I hadn't even come across the initial tweet about the giveaway, so when I saw the collectors asking to have the cards sent to me, well, I was amazed, to say the least.

🎁 The person running the giveaway, Ben Brown,  decided that he'd stop the contest feed, and start a new one, with different baseball cards, and I got this DM.




💛 Thank You to each and every one of you that asked Ben to send them to me...I appreciate it very much.💛


Hope y'all have a very harmonious hump day tomorrow, and I thanks for taking the time to stop by and give ye olde blog a read.



Play BALL! 🐯⚾





3 comments:

  1. Super generous! We need more Freehan cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very generous. As for the "walk"... at least Freehan got the kid playing his card on base. Al Kaline's 1968 Topps Game card was a "fly out" and Pete Rose, Rod Carew, and Orlando Cepeda were all "ground outs".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, most of those Game cards don't match up very well, but it's a little late now to change anything.

    Kudos to all of those Twitter people, as well as the fellow doing the giveaway. I dislike Twitter immensely, but do have to admit that there are a few good folks on there... just a few though!

    ReplyDelete