Friday, March 1, 2019

Card Corner...2019 Topps Heritage Detroit Tigers Cards

Topps released their 2019 Tops Heritage Baseball on Wednesday, and there are plenty of Detroit Tigers cards for sale already on ebay.

Heritage pays homage to the Topps 1970 card set.



The cards, just like they were 49 years ago, are simple, with gray borders, and a simple pose by the player, with TIGERS in either upper left or right hand corners.




I like Heritage cards because it brings me back to when I opened those packs with my my allowance, paper route and birthday money, searching for all the Tigers cards, especially, of course, my hero.




Because the Tigers released James McCann, that Freehan card won't have a Tigers catcher to pose in that classic batting stance, unless one comes out late this year in Heritage Update w/ BIG John Hicks or Grayson Griener.


The TIGERS base cards are...

#12 Jordan Zimmerman

#33 Jeimer Candelario

#95 BIG Joe Jimenez



#98 Nicholas Castellanos

#152 Matt Boyd

                             Yeah Boyd! 




#177 Niko Goodrum

#207 Dawel Lugo RC / Cristin Stewart RC - Rookie Stars




I LOVE that 2019 Tigers Rookie Stars card!

🐯⚾️Here's hoping Stewart and Lugo have better careers for the Tigers than Norman McRae and Bob Reed.



#269 Shane Greene

#313 Michael Fulmer


#472 Miguel Cabrera (SP)



The Cabrera card is short printed, as are all Heritage cards #400 through #500, and will be more difficult to pull in packs.

There are also black color variations of each Tigers player, with just 50 copies of each card








The Walmart my Princess works at never has cards on their actual release date, ao I'm hoping that this weekend they'll show up so I can open a few packs.

If you've opened opened up any Heritage this week, let's hear about your experiences so far, what you think about the cards, did you go hobby, or retail, did you get your favorite player, team... did you get any hits?


⚾️ If your a Chicago White Sox collector, my friend Steve at White Sox Cards has you covered.

⚾️ If you're a L.A. Dodgers fan, Earnest at Dodgers Blue Heaven has all your info.

Give these awesome bloggers a follow and give them your thoughts on the 2019 Topps Heritage cards.


Have a great weekend, keep on blogging, keep collecting, and keep ripping open baseball cards!

Play Ball! ⚾️

7 comments:

  1. Ooooh the black borders look sharp (pardon the pun) I really didnt plan on buying any Heritage this year because I didn't like the '70 design..but the more I see it on blogs the more I want it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I like the black bordered a little better. Still waiting to see these in hand. I'm not a big fan of these older designs. I like how you were able to contrast with some of those you own. And hopefully those rookies do come through for the Tigers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Black borders look nice! Thanks for the shout out and as always keep up the great posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure...and I voted for Shoeless Joe today.

      Keep blogging about those ChiSox!

      Delete
  4. I wasn't planning on buying any of this stuff... but if I do get tempted to pick up one of these blasters while standing in the card aisle at Target... I need to remind myself that most of the stars are short-printed. #sillytopps

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why does it look like Joe Jimenez is wearing makeup?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I picked up a blaster but was unimpressed. Too many dupes for so few packs. Saving my card funds for GQ and Stadium Club.

    ReplyDelete