Monday, March 4, 2019

Baseball Bulletin... March 4, 2019

Happy Monday everyone, I hope that you all had a terrific weekend.

Today is (was) National HUG a G.I. Day.

Make sure to honor all those who are serving, or have served, buy going up and giving them a hug, a pat on the back, a Thank You!  for serving our Country! 




😎 For myself, it was a pretty good sports weekend, with my Michigan Wolverines going on the road and getting a big time win over the Maryland Terrapins.

The win improved their Big Ten record to 15-4, (26-4), moving into second place in the conference behind the Purdue Boilermakers. 

Michigan has one regular season game left, travelling to East Lansing to take on Michigan State.


My favorite NASCAR driver, Kyle Busch, finished 3rd in yesterday's race in Las Vegas, behind winner Joey Logano and Michigan native Brad Kesolowski.


πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ€Ό‍♀️ Torrie Wilson will be Inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame this year.






😎 Here's some Baseball stuff I came about on ye olde Internet.


⚾️πŸŽ‚πŸŽ Big leaguers with a #HappyBaseballBirthday  today include Dazzy Vance, Lefty O'Doul, Tom Grieve, Brian Hunter, Sergio Romo, and Tigers right fielder Nicholas Castellanos.



        ⚾️ πŸ“· Baseball Picture of the Day πŸ“·⚾️



🐯 The annual Spring Training get together of Detroit Tigers catchers...photo courtesy of BIG John Hicks on Instagram.



πŸ‘€ Bryce Harper signed a 13 year, $330 Million dollar contract with the Philadelphia Phillies on Friday, and that meant a much anticipated baseball card from the one and only Gummy Arts.




Harper has been one of my favorite big leaguers to watch play since he made his debut in 2012....and I wrote in January 2013 that he had become my favorite Washington Nationals player.

πŸ’» The #3 Phillies Jersey of Harper set a Fanatics record over a 24-hour period.


😎 Who's the best ballplayer ever?
     ● CUT 4 says the answer is Mickey Kaline.


I honestly can say that I've never heard of Mickey Kaline, but that last name is absolutely fantastic!

Mickey had quite the big league career...apparently.



πŸ’›πŸ’™⚾️ For the 2nd consecutive week, Michigan Junior Tommy Henry is the BIG Ten Pitcher of the Week. πŸ’›πŸ’™⚾️



🐎⚾️ Henry is also a graduate of Portage Northern High School, like yours truly.



πŸ“° Historic Hamtramck Park is being renovated, and it got a good start in funding the project with a $10,000 donation from Jack White.

White, a Motown native, loves baseball, and the Tigers, and its awesome to see a star like that giving back to a great cause in his community.



🐯 The ballpark was once home to the Detroit Stars of the old Negro Leagues, an is one of just five (5) Negro Leagues ballparks still in existence. 


🎯 Well, that's all for now, it's almost midnight,  and its literally taken me about 10 hours, on, and off, to complete this post.

Hope you had a great Monday evening, and if you're reading this on Tuesday, well, my apologies for the delay...go out and HUG a service member and thank them for all they do each and every day for us.


Play Ball! ⚾️πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ―πŸŽ‚πŸŽπŸ˜ŽπŸŽ


8 comments:

  1. A. A huge thank you to all of those who serve or have served!

    B. My friends were in Vegas this weekend for Las Vegas Toy Con and they mentioned that Busch was signing autographs for fans at the M&M store.

    C. That Gummy Arts Harper is sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. a belated hug to you, John! ((you))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kyle Busch is my guy as well. I don't run in to other Busch fans often...well ever. Great notes and I'm enjoying all the love Torrie Wilson is getting on the net today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool. I don't think I've ever come across another fan of Kyle.
      He's the only reason I have to watch Nascar.

      Delete
  4. It seems like it's been awhile since you last did one of these posts... totally worth the wait though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jon...I've started many of them, but wasn't able to finish.

      Appreciate the support.

      Delete