Tuesday, January 3, 2017

My 2017 Baseball Hall of Fame Ballot

As I do every year, it's time for me to announce the players I believe should be elected into the National Baseball HALL of Fame in Cooperstown, New York.



Here are are all the eligible players for consideration in 2017.




I've stated more than once that I don't belive any steroids abusers belong in the HOF, and nothing going has changed.



Once hallowed baseball records were shattered by cheating, just to make millions of dollars in order to get somewhere they could never approach on their own.



I have watched baseball for 50 years, and I knew a great ballplayer when I saw them play...I didn't need anyone analyzing every miniscule aspect to the game to tell me who did or didn't belong in Cooperstown.



So, here they are, the great ballplayers who I believe should be inducted this summer into the Hall of Fame.


⚾ Tim Raines

⚾ Edgar Martinez

⚾ Jeff Bagwell

⚾ Trevor Hoffman

⚾ Vladimir Guerrero

⚾ Fred McGriff

⚾ Ivan Rodriguez

⚾ Lee Smith

⚾ Larry Walker



There they are, the 9 eligible ballplayers, if I had a vote, that I'd elect into the HOF.


OK, so...before you go off on me about not voting for steroids users and then voting for suspected steroids abusers Pudge Rodriguez and Jeff Bagwell...I have never seen anything other than speculation that either of them have done steroids.


If I turn out to be wrong, then so be it, however, as in Mike Piazza last year, speculation about players because they played in the era, is just that.


Also, as far as Curtis Schilling and Mike Mussina...they are probably deserving for the HOF, but they aren't  more worthy than Jack Morris, and so I am pulling my homercard as a Detroit Tigers fan that until Morris gets his due, those two, and other pitcher hinges candidates, don't get my vote.



 Good Luck to all the men  I voted for... Play Ball!


No comments:

Post a Comment