Tuesday, January 3, 2017

A New Year for Me

Happy New Year's 2017! 


It's been awhile since I've published a blog post here.


I've started about a dozen or so post since before Thanksgiving , but just couldn't finish them in order to post them for you to read, including many unfinished posts that I was writing about my hero, Bill Freehan, who celebrated his 75th Happy Baseball Birthday! on November 29th.


There have been a few reasons for the lack of posts, but mostly it's because of my health that I've failed to continue to write about baseball.


My health hasn't been good for a long time...I won't blame anyone but myself...and it all came to a not so good moment last week when I was sent to the hospital with a blood sugar reading in the 600s...yes...over 600!


For months I sat down with great ideas about what to write on this blog, only to have to stop because I didn't feel well, and had to stop...sometimes for days as I slept and was in tremendous pain.


I hadn't had my proper medicine for my diabetes for months...yes, months...for reasons that I put myself in during our move from Florida to Michigan...I ignored my health and I paid for it with a three day stay in the hospital with an IV in my arm, getting blood drawn every day, and having my fingers pricked about 10 times a day and being woken up in the middle of the night to have your vitals taken...it wasn't fun...nor should it have been.


I love baseball,  I loved watching the World Series, and it's now Hall of Fame voting time...I need to be healthy to follow and continue to write about our great game.


I've already started my annual HOF ballot post,  and I hope to have it done in a couple of days.


As its January, that means that we are only about a month that and a half from pitcheers and catcheese reporting to Spring Training facilities in the Cactus and Grapefruit Leagues.


Here's to a better... a healthier 2017... Play Ball!

No comments:

Post a Comment