Saturday, January 14, 2017

Baseball Bulletin... January 14, 2017

Here's a few things I've come across lately for you to pin on your baseball bulletin boards...



⚾ First, let's say Happy Baseball Birthday! to former University of Michigan and Detroit Tigers player, Dave "Soup" Campbell, who turns 75 today.


Dave Campbell was a member of the 1962 Michigan NCAA Championship team and played 9 games for the 1968 World Series Champion Tigers.


Dave played in the big leagues  from 1967-74, for the Tigers, San Diego Padres, St. Louis Cardinals, and Houston Astros.


I remember Dave Campbell as a terrific analyst on ESPN baseball broadcats in the 1980s and 1990s.









⚾ I had the opportunity to meet former Tigers pitcher Denny  McLain today at a baseball card show here in Kalamazoo.


I couldn't afford to have him sign anything for me, but it was nice that Denny took a picture with me.


I had previously met Denny at a card show back in the 1990s in Florida, and do I have a signed picture somewhere, packed away in a box.







Thanks again Denny!


⚾⚾⚾⚾⚾⚾⚾⚾⚾⚾⚾⚾⚾⚾⚾⚾⚾⚾⚾⚾⚾⚾⚾⚾⚾⚾⚾⚾⚾⚾⚾



⚾ I've been a baseball fan for at least 50 years, watched every World Series since 1970 on TV, have been to one World Series game, in 1992, but I've never been able to be anywhere near the actual World Series Trophy.

That will change on Monday, February 20th here in Kalamazoo, when the Chicago Cubs World Series Trophy Tour makes its way to my Hometown.









⚾ Speaking of the Cubs, one of the founding members of the famed Wrigley Field Bleacher Bums, Mike Haley, has passed away at age 67.





⚾ All the players, coaches, and media members in the baseball Twitter world can be found right here.







⚾ The Lansing Lugnuts are giving fans the chance to VOTE for the team giveaway on Opening Day of the 2017 season.





⚾ President-Elect Donald Trump has fired one time Washington Senators announcer and  the longtime Voice of Presidential Inaugurations.





⚾ Former big league player Billy Spiers is part of the 2016 National Championship Clemson Tigers coaching staff.











⚾ The Detroit Tigers 2017 Winter Caravan is ready to roll.





Carlos Beltran is playing for the Houston Astros in 2017.





⚾ Topps released information about all the Rookie Baseball cards for 2017 Series 1.









⚾ You can buy the movie Spaceman on DVD... and it comes with a special edition baseball card.





⚾ The Baseball Writers Association of America will reveal the final results of the 2017 Hall of Fame Ballot next Wednesday, January 18th.

As a reminder, here's my my HOF ballot...if I had one.




Until next time baseball fans... Play Ball!








No comments:

Post a Comment