Friday, March 12, 2021

Flair Friday #1

I've wanted to start this new series of posts, Flair Friday! for some time now, but I only had a couple of cards, and even though Im only up to 7 cards of Charlotte Flair, I figured it was a good time to start.





The reason I even remotely follow wrestling these days is because a couple of years ago I found out that the daughter of legendary wrestler Ric Flair was also wrestling, and when I saw Charlotte Flair, I automatically became a fan of "The QUEEN!"


7️⃣ 2020 Topps WWE Chrome #20 Refractor
                             Charlotte Flair


This card of QUEEN Charlotte is the newest, card #7, in my Flair collection.



👉 Technically, I guess, it's card #8, because I have the below card, but it's on a separate page in the binder...you can't see her, er, front.


🤔 For me, this is a Sasha Banks card.
      

Ashley Elizabeth Flair was born in Charlotte, North Carolina, in 1986...I was in my second year in the US Navy... was the WWE Rookie of the Year in 2013, and is a multiple WWE Champion.




Maybe, one day, when the pandemic is under control, the WWE will come back to Wings Events Center in Kalamazoo and I'll get to see her wrestle in person.

As I say, I'm a newbie follower of Charlotte, or, as Paul of Scribbled Ink calls her, my wrestling chick."


2017 Topps Women's Division #R- 29

Paul added this to my collection last year! 

👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑
My collection of my favorite lady wrestler is quite small, but I'm hoping to improve on that as the year progresses.... there's a card show locally in a couple of weeks, that might be a good place to start.

Have a terrific weekend, and, as always, thanks for taking time out of your day to stop by and read my blog.

👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑




3 comments:

  1. I haven't watched a ton of her, but I have seen a few of her encounters with Asuka. I think a few weeks ago, they actually teamed up or something. As for collectibles, I'm not sure if I have any of her cards... but I did buy a signed copy of her book a few years ago at B&N.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are going to follow for one - she's a great one to watch. I think it's a guarantee they will have her near the number of title reigns her dad had by time we are a few more years into her career. I think she is at 9 title reigns just to count Raw and Smackdown Women Championships.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's definitely a fun one to start collecting! I look forward to future posts.

    ReplyDelete