Friday, November 16, 2018

My Mailbox...Veteran's Day

Each year over at the Facebook group Detroit Tigers Collectors "Cards and Memorabilia" there's a Veteran's Day "contest" that rewards military members and Veterans for their service.



The group administrators asks anyone in the group that's also a Veteran, or an active duty military member, to post their names and service history, so that they can be included in receiving packages of baseball cards.

๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ My package came on Thursday, and, as I've said before, I'm truly blessed!

I didn't own any if these cards, and never asked for any particular card, and yet, what an amazing gift it was.

Here they are...if you're in the Tigers group feel free to lwt me know what you received.


๐Ÿฏ⚾ Magglio Ordonez ⚾๐Ÿฏ


2008 Upper Deck SPx Baseball 
Winning Materials #31/50




๐Ÿฏ⚾ Victor Martinez ⚾๐Ÿฏ

2016 Topps Triple Threads #31/36




๐Ÿฏ⚾  Anibal Sanchez ⚾๐Ÿฏ

2013 Topps Triple Threads #16/18



๐Ÿ˜€ Absolutely my favorite card in the package... WOW!

Simply one of the best Tigers Auto/Relic cards...now in my collection! 



The administrators of the Tigers Collectors page are as good as it gets, including Bill Welch, a US Army Veteran.


If you're a Detroit fan, I suggest you look into the group.

                       Still the GREATEST Tigers logo! 


Thanks again to Ben Moore for my package, I love the cards!

PLAY BALL! ๐Ÿฏ⚾๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ

4 comments:

  1. What a great "contest" idea! Thank you for your service to our country!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool concept! It's a nice gesture for those who served. My father in law was a Tigers fan and a Vietnam vet; he stopped watching baseball and collecting cards when his youngest son lost interest in the early 1990s. But I got him back into it. :)

    Unfortunately he passed away last June. I don't know if I ever said "thank you for your service" because he didn't like to call attention to himself. We discussed it a few times though..

    Anyway..thank you for serving John, though I'm sure you just wanted to show off the cards. Never forget!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Sanchez Triple Threads sure has a lot going on! There's obviously some very generous people that belong to this group, kudos to them for sending you such great cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool stuff! Thank you for your service to our awesome country!

    ReplyDelete