Thursday, November 22, 2018

#Freehan77... Giving Thanks.

On this day of Thanksgiving I'd like to thank all the awesome bloggers out there who make each and every day special.



Some 8 1/2 years ago I started this blog to share my love of baseball with other fans, and it hasn't let me down once, and that's more important than anyone will ever know.


Giving me something to do, to look forward to, as I battle being disabled and not able to work, well, the blogging community has made a place for me, a community of great baseball fans.


I've been a baseball fan longer than I can remember, and it's a joy to go through all the different posts every day and read about other fans team loyalties, players they love, and the collections of baseball cards that fuels their passions every day.



For over 50 years my passion has been the Detroit Tigers, and my favorite player to watch has been Bill Freehan, a young man from Detroit who grew up playing baseball and football,  went to the University of Michigan to play both sports, and who, for 15 years, gave his heart and soul every day to his teammates and the Motor City.

Every city has that player...a player that gives everything for his team, a player that gives everything on each pitch, each ground ball, each drive into the right field gap, each play at the plate.

On this day of THANKS, I send out a huge THANKS to each and everyone of you, and ask that, if you're a person of faith, that you send out a prayer to my hero, and to his wife Pat, and their family as they go through this season of THANKS taking care of Bill as he battles Dementia.



It's 8 days to Bill's 77th Birthday, and I'll see you all back here tomorrow as I look forward to Michigan Football vs Ohio State on Saturday.

May all of you have a great Thanksgiving Day weekend....PLAY BALL! ⚾

p.s... GO BLUE! 💛💙🏈




2 comments:

  1. I too am very thankful for the card blogs, I have been able to meet (virtually), and talk to, some really great people over the last couple of years... something that wouldn't have been possible without the card blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you and your family had a happy Thanksgiving. I'm truly thankful for the camaraderie our blogosphere has. It's truly cool to see the friendships between collectors.

    Bummer to hear Mr. Freehan is battling dementia. My grandmother had it and although she wasn't in pain, it was pretty sad that she retained little to no short term memories.

    ReplyDelete