Monday, November 19, 2018

#Freehan77

Starting tomorrow I'll be doing a daily post on my hero, Bill Freehan, one post a day for 11 days, leading up to his 77th Happy Baseball Birthday! ⚾🎂🎁 on November 29th.



Being today is Sunday, I thought it would be appropriate to post this quote from Bill when he was 27, and coming off the 1968 World Series Championship...


"God has always been good to me... He gave me a certain amount of talent with a baseball, and He has helped me develop it."


As you may have read, Bill is now in Hospice Care, and while he's in the twilight of his days here with us, his strong belief in God will no doubt help him and his family as they all go through his illness together.

📖 While I'm not overly religious, I am a Christian, and it's awesome that my childhood hero is as well.

📖 As far as a Bible verse for this post, I refer you to current Detroit Tigers catcher James McCann, who signs his baseball cards with Mark 10:27.





I'm very happy to say that this signed James McCann card is in my collection.



📖 Our friend Collecting Cutch also posts a "Scripture Sunday" verse each week, along with, of course, a Andrew McCutcheon card.


I hope you all had a fantastic weekend, and hope you all will be blessed this Thanksgiving.


#Freehan77

Play Ball! ⚾

3 comments:

  1. I read the hospice article recently and was greatly moved, watching the interview with his wife. They have a beautiful story together. Have a good Thanksgiving John!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie. I loved reading about him and Pat, and they're lifetime together. She's a special person.

      Talk to you on Twitter.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete