Saturday, December 2, 2017

My Favorite Baseball Card of 2017

I came across a great contest being done by P-Town Tom over at Waiting 'til Next Year... asking for our favorite card of 2017.


I've wanted this card all year, unfortunately for me, I haven't been able to afford this card, or have I seen it around town, or in my group of fellow Detroit Tigers collectors on Facebook.


This 2017 Topps Stadium Club, Variation #42, Justin Verlander.







I absolutely love this card...if your a Tigers fan you know that it took Justin 9 Years to collect his first big league base hit.


Although he's now in Houston, is a World Series Champion with the Astros, he's still my favorite Tigers pitcher in my lifetime.





This was simple for me...and being that Tom's a great guy, I can use a card that I don't own yet...and if anyone reading this has one of these awesome cards, well, hit me up for trade, or, sale, (if the price is right), at johnsharp1960@gmail.com  

The contest runs until January 8th... maybe I'll be able to update this post with the card in my collection.

I'd like to thank Tom for the chance at entering thus contest...and hey  you need to join as well.


Play Ball!


4 comments:

  1. I hadn't seen that one before, that's a sharp card! (No pun intended)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This a brilliant baseball card. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Stadium Club variations and hope to land a couple of the Cubs World Series cards at some point, but boy are the prices high. Great choice with the Verlander!

    ReplyDelete