Friday, December 22, 2017

Baseball Bulletin... December 22, 2017

Usually I post stuff that's baseball related here on the bulletin, but today I thought I'd post on the different stories I've come across that are honoring the late Dick Enberg, who passed away last night at the age of 82.

I was fortunate to be able to watch Mr. Enberg call a three game weekend series on FOX Sports Detroit this past summer between the Dodgers and Tigers, and I'm  truly sad to a newer generation of fans who never had the fortune to hear one of his games or events broadcast.





Dick Enberg was the sports voice of a fifferent era, the days of my youth in the 1960s and 1970s, long before the Internet and social media, calling famous games and matches in every sport, and for many years he was the voice of the then California Angels, including calling Nolan Ryan's no hitter at Tiger Stadium in 1973.






I was  a young Tigers fan sitting in the left field stands that day, and my Uncle Bob had to explain to me why the fans were cheering the other team while our Tigers were losing.


πŸ’» These are a few links to reports on the passing of Mr. Enberg.


⚾️ Bryce Miller of the San Diego Union-tribune was the first story that I read last night.

πŸ€  Tony Paul of the Detroit News tweeted out the link to his 2015 article on Enberg going into the Baseball Hall of Fame.

🏈 Mike Kipper of the L.A. Times writes about the life of the broadcasting legend.

⚾️ The Baseball Hall of Fame remembers the 2015 Ford Frick Award Winner.

πŸ“Ί Jimmy Traina of Sports Illustrated looks at Enberg's most famous calls behind the microphone.


⚾️ A J Cassavell  on MLB.com writes about the many...many accomplishments of Mr. Enberg.

πŸŽ™Deadspin shared a previous article  on how Enberg was always the RIGHT man for the MOMENT.

πŸ€ A late addition from The Old TV News Coach blog.


πŸ‘€πŸ‘€ There have been many, many tributes...too many to count... go to Twitter or Facebook and search "Dick Enberg " 






Rest in Peace Mr. Enberg. 

No comments:

Post a Comment