Sunday, April 25, 2021

Tigers Futility.

My Detroit Tigers are having trouble scoring runs, and yesterday was a game that summed up my frustrations completely.


             (From the Detroit Tigers Twitter page)


My favorite pitcher, my #1 current baseball card PC guy, Matthew Boyd, deserved better, and that includes manager A.J. Hinch, who, for some nonsensical reason, took his starter out after 8 magnificent innings, having thrown just 89 pitches! 

Today's baseball is hard to understand, at times, because of situations like not allowing your starter to go out and toss a complete game.




As Tigers TV analyst, and HOFer Jack Morris said after Boyd three his last pitch in the 8th inning, "...if not know, it'll probably never happen." 

I despise analytics so much, and I wish teams, and players would stop going all in.

Sure, there might be a time when certain situations call for an analytical approach, but yesterday's game wasn't one of those situations.


Anyhow, today is a new day, and that's the beauty of baseball.

Have a great Sunday, and, as usual, thanks for taking time to read my blog.


Play BALL! 🐯⚾

2 comments:

  1. Yeah. That's a tough L. AL park so no need to pinch hit for him. Seems like he might become the next Jacob deGrom with the lack of support.

    ReplyDelete