Sunday, January 31, 2021

Happy Baseball Birthday, Jackie Robinson!

Today's #HappyBaseballBirthday! is in honor big the late, great, Jackie Robinson, born on this day, in 1919, in Cairo, Georgia.





Jack Roosevelt Robinson  is one of the most important people in not just baseball history, but in American History, and we should always remember the courage, determination, and passion he had for baseball, for life, and for the rights of all human beings to treated equally, no matter the color of their skin.


Jackie Robinson is my favorite Brooklyn Dodgers ballplayer of All-Time, as I wrote back in July, 2010.



I don't have an actual vintage 1953 Topps card of the Hall of Famer, but I love the Topps Living Set, and, until I get one, well, this card will do just fine.



Jackie Robinson is card #42 on the Topps Living Set, and was an easy choice for me to add to my collection.

My favorite old school team is the Brooklyn Dodgers, and I'll watch, or read, almost anything that I can on that magnificent team of the 1940s/50s, especially the 1955 Brooklyn team that won the 1955 World Series.



When the Ken Burns Baseball shows up on MLB Network, I make sure to tape the episodes about the Dodgers, and Jackie, even though I've seen them hundreds of times.



Have a great Sunday, and thanks again for taking time out of your day to stop and read my blog, I greatly appreciate it. 


Play BALL! ⚾






1 comment:

  1. I have his day memorized... but not his birthday. Happy birthday Jackie!

    ReplyDelete