Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Baseball Bulletin... March 8, 2017

I'm sitting here on a Tuesday night watching Chopped, and clicking over during the commercials to the World Baseball Classic game between China and Cuba, from Tokyo, Japan...I think there are more people in the Food Network studio filming the Chopped episode than there are in the stands at the WBC game...yikes!








This is kind of a big week for me as I head over to Battle Creek on Thursday to see some doctors and get my new glasses...I've been having the darndest time trying to see the computer screen, the TV...heck,  anything at all...hopefully my new specs will allow me to do a better job of blogging this baseball season.


My Detroit Tigers play the Mets at 1pm on ESPN...and...my Michigan Wolverines play Illinois in the Big Ten hoops tournament on  the Big Ten Network ...all while I'm at 3 separate DRs appointments and getting my new glasses...


...I hope my tablet will get the Internet connection I need... Go Tigers! and Go Blue!

⚾🐯⚾🐯⚾🐯⚾🐯⚾🐯⚾🐯⚾🐯⚾🐯⚾🐯⚾🐯⚾🐯⚾🐯⚾🐯⚾🐯⚾🐯




So, let's get to it then...he's some stuff that I've come across lately in the baseball social media world...



Team USA begins play in the 2017 World Baseball Classic on Friday vs Columbia...I hope the lovely Sofia Vergara and Manuela Arbelaez are prepared for the USA victory...

... here's the USA schedule for the WBC this year.







⚾ Team USA coach Willie Randolph is honoring Jackie Robinson at the WBC this year.

Robinson's #42 is retired across MLB, with former New York Yankees closer Mariano Rivera being the last big league player to wear the uniform number 42.







I think it's pretty darn awesomeness that Randolph gets to honor the memory of Jackie Robinson.



This April 15th will be the 70th Anniversary of Jackie Robinson's debut at Ebbetts Field, April 15, 1947.











⚾ I love it when I come across contests on blogs...I don't seem to do very well, but the thought of winning some cool baseball cards of ballplayers from my beloved Detroit Tigers keeps me hopeful each time...

... that hope continues over at The Daily Dimwit...and this awesome contest over on his blog...



⚾ Speaking of contests...I've also found a new blog to add to my daily reading...

... A Cracked Bat has this contest going on also...





⚾ In honor of the late Dr. Seuss, who would've turned 113 years old this past week  we give you this famous quote of his...











⚾ There have been some pretty bad baseball teams the past 15 years... The Sports Daily ranks the worst teams every year since 2002.




⚾ Ryan Spaeder at The Sporting News says it time for MLB to re-think the sacrifice fly.



New Arena has their list of the Top 20 big league pitchers of All-Time.

...when I see these lists, which, are subjective, of course, I'm not all in unless that particular list has Cy Young #1... 511 WINS All-Time...and...it's called THE CY YOUNG AWARD for a reason.



⚾ Admitted steroids abuser Alex Rodriguez has been hired full time as a baseball analyst for FOX.




⚾ After a long hiatus, the blog Grubby Glove has a terrific article on the history of baseball cards.





⚾⚾⚾⚾ We end this post with a tribute by Ken Rosenthal of FOX Baseball on baseball television director Bill Webb, who passed away this week. ⚾⚾⚾⚾



May God Bless Mr. Webb and his family. ⚾


No comments:

Post a Comment