Thursday, June 2, 2016

Baseball Card of the Day...2009 Obak Tristar Madison Baumgartner

San Francisco Giants starting pitcher Madison Baumgarner is one of the best pitchers in baseball, and he's also a outstanding hitting pitcher as well.


The 2014 World Series Most Valuable Player has won 91 career games since making his big league debut at the age of 20 years old on September 8, 2009.


My 2009 Obak Tristar #14 Madison Bumgarner is today's Baseball Card of the Day. 




It's not very clear, but that's Madison Bumgarner batting for the Giants on my TV In the next at bat after his homer today.


This card shows Bumgarner pitching for the 2009 Connecticut Defenders of the Eastern League.






Bumgarner was 9-1, with a 1.93 ERA in 107 IP, in 19 starts for the Defenders...and...clubbed 1 home run batting.


In his career Baumgarner has shown the ability to not only hit the baseball, but hit the baseball for power as well, with 11 home runs coming into the 2016 season.


Today in Atlanta, Bumgarner hit his second homer of the season, a tremendous clout about a dozen rows into the seats in left field.


Looking threw the baseball cards I have of Madison, they're all of him pitching, so I found this 2015 Topps card of him swinging a bat on Google...and it's a beauty of a baseball card that I'm going to need to get.





Bumgarner is one of my favorite pitchers in baseball, and, like today, if I can, I tune into the Giants game to see him pitch...and hit.


⚾ As I'm writing this post, Madison has just struck out his 11th batter of the game...it's going to the 8th inning, and the Giants have a 6-0 lead.


Until next time baseball fans... PLAY BALL! 


No comments:

Post a Comment