Saturday, April 6, 2013

Baseball, the Final Four, and more...

Hey everyone, sorry I haven't posted in a while, but I have been unable to get to the Internet in a while.

It's the first week of the baseball season and my Detroit Tigers have started out an even 2-2.



I have to admit its been hard to follow baseball without the Internet or cable/satellite TV.

I have been able to listen to Tigers games on my I phone, and it has reminded me of listening to Ernie Harwell, Ray Lane, and Paul Carey to Tigers games in the late 1960s and '70s.

Its also been an exciting week for all Michigan hoops fans, myself included, as the Wolverine basketball team defeated the #1 seeded Kansas Jayhawks and the #3 seeded Florida gators to advance to the Final Four.

My beloved Wolverines are making their first trip to the NCAA Final Four weekend since 1993, when the talented "Fab Five" strutted their stuff in 1992 and '93.

What a great weekend it would be if the Tigers swept the Yankees this weekend and Michigan won the NCAA Tournament.


Trey Burke has been named the John Wooden award winner for the 2012-13 hoops season, as well as the AP Player of the Year.

They are great awards, but Trey would be the first to say his teammates are the true measure of his success, and a national Championship is a team effort, and not the result of just one player.

Here's to Coach John Beilien and the entire Michigan program, Go Blue!

Last weekend I accomplished something that I never thought I'd be able to do.

My Wife and I participated in the annual Arthritis Walk of Jacksonville.

I walked completely around the outside of Everbank Field, home of the NFL Jacksonville Jaguears.

The walk totaled 1.1 miles around, and although it wasn't easy, God was with me every step of the way.

I had the terrific opportunity to me Kyle, a awesome young man, 13 years ole, who's also afflicted with Arthritis.

What made me notice Kyle, and his family, were the t-shirts they were wearing.



Great shirts, right!

Kyle and his family were very nice to allow me to talk to them about baseball, and for that I am thank them, and hope to meet them again sometime...next years walk for sure.

The baseball season has also started for our local Double A team, the Jacksonville Suns.

The Suns, affiliates of the Miami Marlins, have begun the year with a pair of 5-3 victories over the Jackson Generals.

To follow the Suns, check out Tales from Bragan Field, or follow the team on Twitter or Facebook.

Well, that's all for now.

Enjoy the baseball and hoops this weekend, and Go Blue!


No comments:

Post a Comment