Friday, January 21, 2022

Randy Boyd, 1961-2022

It was very sad when I saw on Twitter yesterday that former hockey player Randy Boyd had passed away, at just 59 years old. 


               👉 From NHL ALUMBI on Twitter.


I can't say that I remember Randy playing in the NHL, but I suppose that when watching games way back in the 1980s that I certainly did see him playing for the Penguins, Blackhawks, Islanders, or the Canucks. 


6️⃣2️⃣ Born in 1962, in Coniston, Ontario,Canada, Randy just celebrated his Birthday on January 23rd.

👉 Boyd was drafted in the 3rd Round of the NHL Draft in 1980 by Pittsburgh, and started his professional career with the Ottowa 67s of the Ontario Hockey League.





👉 Boyd made his NHL debut with the Penguins in 1981-82, and made it into the 1983-84 OPC card set, #283.





Rest in Peace, Randy Boyd.




1 comment:

  1. I had to look up Mr. Boyd, because I didn't recognize his name. It looks like he wrapped up his career just a year or two before I started collecting hockey cards. Rest in peace Mr. Boyd.

    ReplyDelete