Thursday, August 13, 2020

Happy Left-handers Day

OK, I'm not left-handed, but today's post is in honor of National Left-Handers Day and all you Southpaws out there.


The best Lefty in Detroit Tigers history is 1968 World Series MVP, Mickey Lolich.




In a Tigers Card Tuesday blog post last October. I talked about the Tigers All-Time leader in wins and strikeouts, and how he still ranks 20th all time in big league strikeouts.


Lolich deserves to be honored by the Tigers, and have his number #29 retired by the club.


Who's your teams best ever lefty pitcher?

Who's your current favorite left handed hurler?

I'm pretty sure everyone knows mine.



Have a terrific evening.


Play Ball! ⚾

3 comments:

  1. If we're going for all-time greatest in franchise history, I'd say Eddie Plank or Lefty Grove. But since I never watched them play, I'll go with someone from my generation: Vida Blue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Warren Spahn as well.

      Blue was terrific, and Kershaw is as good as any lefty of my generation.

      Thanks.

      Delete
  2. Lolich is one of my favorite former Durham Bulls that I have learned about since moving to North Carolina some fifteen years ago. As a kid growing in St. Louis, my father would always tell me stories about the 1950s and 1960s Cardinals team, which included Game 7 of the 1968 World Series. I always viewed Mickey Lolich as a guy who backed into a World Series title, but now know that he was a truly talented pitcher with a strong Hall of Fame case than many realize.

    ReplyDelete