Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Happy Baseball Birthday... Justin Verlander

Today we send out Happy Baseball Birthday! wishes to my favorite Detroit Tigers pitcher of All-Time, Justin Verlander.





2018 will be Tigers fans first without JV on the mound in 13 years, and it's gonna be tough when he and the Astros play the Tigers, and, if, and when, JV starts a game at Comerica Park this year, well, I'm not sure I've ever had to think about something like that before .


JV may be in Houston now, but that won't stop me from rooting for him to win games (not against the Tigers, of course), and collecting his baseball cards.




That starts this year  with 2018 Topps Series One and will continue next week when Topps releases Heritage Series One.


I don't usually keep collecting players after they're done playing for the Tigers, but this is different, this is JV, the greatest Tigers right handed pitcher of my lifetime, a player I thought would play his entire career for my team, and set records that wouldn't be broken.


JV turns 35 today, but age is just a number, and numbers are what he will continue to pile up in the years to come playing for the Astros.





Happy Baseball Birthday! Justin Verlander... PLAY BALL! ⚾️🐯🇺🇸 



No comments:

Post a Comment