Monday, February 12, 2018

Happy Baseball Birthday... Abraham Lincoln

Today we once again celebrate the Happy Baseball Birthday! of our 16th President of the United States, Abraham Lincoln.





It's no secret that I consider Mr. Lincoln the  greatest U.S. President in our country's 242 years, and that I'll watch the movie Lincoln whenever it comes on my TV.


Daniel Day Lewis portrayed Lincoln in the 2012 movie that earned him his 3rd Academy Award.

Lewis's performance is by far the best in any film made about Lincoln, or any other President, for that matter.





Legend has it that Lincoln loved the early game of base ball, and regardless of weather it's true, or not, I choose to believe that he indeed loved the game that became our National Pastime. 


                                                Photo from John Thorn on Facebook.





My Baseball Bucket List definitely includes attending a Washington Nationals game to see President Lincoln win the Racing Presidents run.




Of course the Nationals acknowledged Mr. Lincoln's Birthday...


I always remember Mr. Lincoln's Birthday because, well, he's my favorite President, and, well, his Birthday comes exactly one week before mine.


Happy Baseball Birthday! to our President...our Greatest President!







Play Ball! ⚾️ 

2 comments:

  1. Lincoln is one of my favorite movies. All men have flaws but I believe Abe was very much aware of and humbled by, his. (Notice I wrote "men.") ;) He was a great man indeed and also my fave Prez!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to acquire some of his cards. Somewhere in a box is the set of Topps 1972 Presidents cards.
    Thanks for reading Julie.

    ReplyDelete