Sunday, May 7, 2017

30 Day Baseball Card Challenge... Day 20



Day 20 of the 30 Day Baseball Card Challenge is a my favorite parallel card based on the parallel and not the card.




First off I must say that I'm not a chaser of parallel cards...if I happen to get one in a pack, or find one I like at a card show, and can afford, then Ill get the card,


I've had this James Shields  card for awhile, but went through a few parallel cards to make sure of today's challenge card.





                                                   
                                          2011 Topps Diamond Anniversary #311 James Shields


These cards are just awesome...hey, what's not to like about things with diamonds, right?


Whats cool about this card is when you hold the card up to light you see a beautiful array of colors in the background, with the Diamond edges sparkling to make a magnificent baseball card.



The picture is a good action shot of Shields delivering a pitch, and I like the Topps 60th Anniversary logo in the top left of the card, as well as the Rays team name plate, replaced with a Diamond look instead of the team logo.


I wish I owned a 2011 Topps Diamond Anniversary celebration parallel card of a Tigers player, but, alas, I do not...in fact, I need to get the entire Tigers team set of these cards...another addition to my want list that I've added since doing this challenge.



Up next in the challenge is a card of a player you though you were "investing" in.



Until next post... PLAY BALL!













No comments:

Post a Comment