Saturday, May 6, 2017

30 Day Baseball Card Challenge... Day 19

Day 19 of the 30 Day Baseball Card Challenge is a favorite card from a country other than the United States.



I have never owned a baseball card from any other place than the United States...I have had O-Pee Chee Hockey cards from Canada, but not baseball cards.



I do have favorite foreign baseball players, such as Joey Votto from Canada, Roberto Clemente from Puerto Rico, and Japanese slugger Sadaharu Oh.



For the challenge today I found a Oh baseball card from 1960, the year I was born, and that card is Oh's 1960 Japanese Menko Japanese Baseball card.






How awesome is this card...a young Oh posing in his famous batting stance...and, as for the card back, well, I have no idea what it says, but its pretty cool looking.



Playing for the famous Yomiuri Giants of the Central League, Oh is most famously known for hitting an amazing 868 home runs.



Oh began playing baseball in Japan in 1959, and until a young man named Ichiro came along was probably the most well known Japanese baseball player in America.


I'm most certainly going to try and acquire a Sadaharu Oh card, and getting this card from 1960 would be outstanding.


Up next in the challenge is a favorite parallel card based on the parallel, and not the card.


Play Ball!




No comments:

Post a Comment