Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Tigers Card Tuesday... 2008 Topps Miguel Cabrera

This week I wanted to honor the great Miguel Cabrera for Tigers Card Tuesday, because, on Sunday, the future HOFer joined an elite club when he collected his 2,000th career base hit in a Tigers uniform. 



          2008 Topps #10 Miguel Cabrera 


What I like most about 2008 Topps is the team header with TIGERS in the vibrant colors of Blue & Orange.


In his first season in the Motor City, Miggy played in 160 games, collected 180 base hits,  batted .292, with 137 runs batted in.

Cabrera also hit American League leading 37 HRs, the first Tigers player to do so since BIG Daddy Cecil Fielder in 1990 and 1991. 


Cabrera was certainly the #1 player on the 2008 Tigers, leading the team in base hits, HRs, RBI, as well as in total bases, with 313.

🐯🐯 There's two versions of the 2008 Topps card of Miggy.



➡️ One card #10 (left), is from the regular base set from Topps, the other, card #DET1 , is, I'm assuming, from the retail set of cards.



I actually thought they were the same card, until I looked at the card back.


👀👀  Today is September 1st, and that means we're just one month away from another awesome October of #SaveSecondBase from our friend Collecting Cutch.




In 2008, Marisa Miller was on the cover of the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue, and two years ago,  the beautiful lady from Santa Cruz, California led off Breast Cancer Awareness Month.


📎 Keep an eye out for the N.L. leader in doubles as September begins the second half of the short 60 game season.


October should be a terrific month. 




As always, thanks for taking time out of your day to read my blog, I really appreciate it.


Have a great week...Play Ball! ⚾

4 comments:

  1. I could see how one of the 2008 Miggy cards could be confused for the 2nd. Unless they're right next to each other, it's hard to tell one is zoomed in more than the other.

    P.S. Wonder Woman is hot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me and the Wife will definitely be at the theater...when we can...to see Wonder Woman 1984.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the plug to my monthly event I do each year. I have some cool prizes to give away, but not sure what kind of contests I will run.

    Those Miggys look very similar and I can see where the confusion lies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. John, come over to Pick Pockets and give it another try. Nine unclaimed cards waiting for you. :)

    ReplyDelete