Saturday, July 25, 2020

Tigers lose on Opening Day

I haven't felt very well this week, and yesterday's Tigers loss to the Reds, 7-1, surely didn't help.



I haven't been able to post as I wanted to, especially around the start of the baseball season, and I hope to het more active soon.


✔ Before I get into the Tigers loss, I need to promote a fantastic contest over at The Bucs Stop Here.

The contest has been revamped because of the announcement that MLB will have 16 teams in the 2020 postseason.

Make sure you head over and get your picks in.

After seeing the Yankees against the Nationals on Thursday night, I think its gonna be awfully hard to beat the 2020 version of the Bronx Bombers.


🐱⚾🐱⚾🐱⚾🐱⚾🐱⚾🐱⚾🐱⚾


My guy Matt Boyd didn't pitch well last night, and the Detroit offense was limited to just three hits.

The lone bright spot for the Tigers was provided by new first baseman C. J. Cron, who blasted a HR to deep left field off Reds starter Sonny Gray.


▶By the way, I'm definitely a fan of Topps Big League Baseball this year.


The Tigers remain in Cincinnati over the weekend before going back to the Motor City on Monday for a series with the KC Royals.

Have a great weekend... Play Ball! ⚾

3 comments:

  1. It's good to see baseball back, one way or another. And yeah, Big League's pretty solid this year! I've said it a million times but it's more like what flagship should be these days. Cool card of Cron with the Tigs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on Today's win. Loved that Miggy hit #478 today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only 22 more this year for baseball history!

      Delete