Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Tigers Card Tuesday: 1975 Topps Cards

The 1975 Topps Baseball Card set is one of the best sets of cards produced, and is the basis for this week's Tigers Card Tuesday. 




The Tigers cards in the set include Willie Horton, Mickey Stanley, John Hiller, Mickey Lolich, and, of course, Bill Freehan.





The great Al Kaline had this awesome card in the '75 Topps Set.


3️⃣0️⃣0️⃣0️⃣ Kaline collected his 3,000th base hit in his hometown of Baltimore, Maryland, on September 24, 1974.


I've been competing in a contest over on Twitter involving the entire '75 Topps set, and as I saw the cards come up, I realized that I was missing some of the Tigers cards.






Over the last 40 years I've moved many times, and have had the cards in storage, and I guess they've gotten lost.

 ▶️  I also came across this post on the 1975 set from Red Sox fan Section 36.


There's so many great cards in the 1975 set, including this famous RC.



When I played Little League baseball in the early '70s, I knew Leon Roberts brother, Mark, who also went to Portage Northern High School (Leon's Alma Mater) with me.

👀 Leon also played college baseball at the University of Michigan, so, he hits the fan trifecta, Portage Northern,  Michigan, and the Tigers.



I love talking about card from my childhood as a baseball fan and card collector, it makes me happy, and at my age, that's a good thing


🐯 What's your favorite card, or cards, from the '75 set? 

➡️ Just leave a comment below.

Appreciate you taking the time to read this post.





Play Ball! 🐯⚾

No comments:

Post a Comment