Wednesday, August 23, 2017

This Week's Sports Illustrated Cover, August 28, 2017

The Los Angeles Dodgers have been the best baseball team for quite some time now, and now they're This Week's Sports Illustrated  cover...










...the Dodgers have now played 22 consecutive series without losing to an opponent.


The Dodgers are playing in rare baseball air, with a record of 89-35, 13 games better than the 76 win Houston Astros, who have the best record in the American League.



Wether or not they're the best team ever, well, that's yet to be proven....look, fir instance, at the 1906 Chicago Cubs, who hold the All-Time winning record of 116 games won, only to lose to the crosstown Hitless Wonders White Sox in the World Series in 6 games.





When baseball makes the cover of Sports Illustrated  I try to always post about it the day its released, but I didn't find out about this cover until today...I blame myself.... SI fooled me by releasing their other cover, of Roger Federer, first, so, I went on my way...ugh!









With the start of football season it might take some more time...possibly the playoffs, before SI does another baseball cover...but, you never know.




Play Ball!


No comments:

Post a Comment