Friday, June 2, 2017

30 Day Baseball Card Challenge...Day 26

Day 26 of the 30 Day Baseball Card Challenge is a favorite oddball baseball card from the 1980s.







As I have with some posts, I had to google this, because, well, I really didn't feel like going through every single card album and boxes of card I have to find one.



I just got back into this challenge after taking a break, and so I need to get it done quickly, so I don't have another break because of my health.



I found a blog, The Oddball Card Collector, and used his page to help me decide on a set of oddball cards that I like from the 1980s...and what a success it was!




                                                1981 Drake's Big Hitters Baseball Cards






1980s Drake's Heavy Hitters Cards are absolutely awesome and I wish they would've been available in the Jacksonville area when I lived there.




The American League players are in a Red Border, while the National League players had a Blue Border.







Topps produced the cards for Drake's, and the cards were inserted into the company's baked goods products through 1985.



Now I have more Detroit Tigers cards that I need to add to my collection wish list.



Up next in the challenge is a favorite oddball card from 1990 or later...that should be fun to serch for as well.


PLAY BALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment