Friday, February 19, 2016

Happy Baseball Birthday...Jeff Daniels

Today is a special day in my life.



I was born 56 years ago today in Kalamazoo, Michigan, and for as long as I can remember, I've loved the great game of baseball, its players, history, and of course my beloved Detroit Tigers.




I also love celebrity fans of all things Michigan and Detroit sports, like today's Happy Baseball Birthday! Emmy Winning actor, musician, and long time Tigers fan, Jeff Daniels.







Jeffrey Warren Daniels was born in Athens, Georia, on February 19, 1955.



His parents moved to Chelsea, Michigan when Jeff was young, and he  loves the State of Michigan, and still  lives in Chelsea.




Jeff is 61 years old today, exactly 5 years older than I am, and is a huge fan of the Tigers.








Jeff briefly attended Central Michigan University in Mt. Pleasant before getting the acting bug and heading to Los Angeles.





Jeff's many movies and television credits include Hawaii Five -0, Terms of Endearment, The Purple Rose of  Cairo, Arachnaphobia, Gettysburg, Speed, Dumb and Dumber, God's and Generals, Steve Jobs, and the HBO series The Newsroom, which earned Jeff and Emmy Award in 2012.




When searching for info on Jeff for this post today, I came across a song called Tiger Fan Blues, a song I've never heard of.




This is from 2006, a magical year in Tigers Baseball history...enjoy!






WOW!



That was terrific!



Happy Baseball Birthday! and thank you to a great Detroit Tigers fan, Jeff Daniels! 



GO Tigers! 



Play Ball! 

No comments:

Post a Comment