Monday, April 7, 2014

30 years ago today

On April 7th, 1984, at old Comiskey Park in Chicago, Detroit Tigers pitcher Jack Morris threw a no hitter, beating the Chicago White Sox, 4-0.

What I remember about this game is that I was working at the J C Penney in the Regency Square Mall here in Jacksonville while the game was being played.

While on my break that day, I walked up to the TV areanin the store just in time to watch Morris pitch the ninth inning of his no hitter.

The game was the NBC Game of the Week, and for a Tigers fan thousands of miles away from Michigan, it was the only way back then I'd get to see my team play.

That Morris no hitter, along with the Tigers 35-5 start to the season, including a 16 game road winning streak  at the beginning of 1984, gave all Tigers fans reason to believe in our guys that year.

That 1984 team, World Series Champions, was fueled by Morris and his no hitter.

Jack Morris belongs on the baseball Hall of Fame.

Yes, I had to get that in this post.

30 years today Jack Morris made Detroit Tigers history....baseball history.

#JackMorrisbelongsinthe HOF

No comments:

Post a Comment