Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy New Year

The calendar has turned once again, the holidays are behind us and we look to the transformation from the cold that is the off season of baseball to the warmth that will be spring training in just six weeks or so.

A few things...

I would like to start by thanking you, the readers, for coming back to this blog.
Even though I haven't written a lot the past few months the total number of page views have now gone over 35,000.

I love the game of baseball, and hope to continue to share my love of the game with you much, much, more, in the coming year.

The Baseball Hall of fame will announce the newest members next Monday, January 9th.

When I voted in the annual Baseball Bloggers Alliance HOF balloting this year my ballot consisted of former Detroit Tigers shortstop Alan Trammell and pitcher Jack Morris, Atlanta Braves two time MVP outfielder Dale Murphy, Houston Astros 1st baseman Jeff Bagwell, Cincinnati Reds shortstop Barry Larkin, Montreal Expos outfielder Tim Raines, Seattle Mariners 3B/DH Edgar Martinez, New York Yankees MVP 1st baseman Don Mattingly, and Colorado Rockies outfielder Larry Walker.

Today the BBA announced that the final tally showed the alliance recommending both Larkin and Bagwell for induction into the HOF.

Without really getting to much into a debate, it amazes me how little support baseball bloggers give guys like Raines and Murphy.

Both of them were dominant figures in the National League for the decade of the 1980's, and Murphy won back to back NL MVPs.
I hope when the announcement is made next week that the BBWAA writers, whom I have little confidence in, do the right thing, and put both Murphy and Raines, along with Morris, into the HOF.

I will be blogging a bit more that the New Years has arrived, and have some new things I'll be doing, such as looking back at some of my favorite ball clubs in big league history, and I'll get back to writing about my favorite players from every bog league team, past and present.

Thanks for reading my blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment