Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Twitter Tuesday

Thanks to Ryan Braun of the Brewers for collecting a pair of hits, and now I have a streak of 1 on my quest for greatness on the FOX Sports Baseball Hot Streak contest.

Tonight I'm all in for King Felix, the Mariners Felix Hernandez, who needs to srtike out 5 batters against the ChiSox.

For those of you who don't know, I'm a very proud member of the Baseball Bloggers Alliance, a baseball site that brings fans from all corners of the baseball universe,

Every big league club is represented, and there are blogs for everyone.
Coming up next week I will be voting in the BBA Annual All-Star voting, letting everyone know my selections in the mid summer classic.

Today is our weekly Twitter Tuesday, sharing baseball fans and sites I follow over at my Twitter page.

First up today are the great baseball fans over at Through The Fence Baseball, at @TTFBaseball

Through The Fence Baseball, is simply a terrific place for baseball fans to find articles on anything from the Dodgers ownership problems, to the top 5 baseball movies that DO NOT feature Kevin Costner.

If you want to laugh, head over to @PhilCokesBrain, and believe me, you will not be disappointed.

One of the great things about Twitter is the many baseball players who are on Twitter.

A couple of weeks ago I found out that my favorite pitcher, the Tigers Justin Verlander, is now tweeting, at @JustinVerlander.

Some other players that I follow are, former Atlanta Braves 2 time MVP Dale Murphy, @DaleMurphy3, the Pirates Paul Maholm, @Maholm28, and the Yankees Curtis Granderson, @cgrand14

Granderson  is very active on Twitter, knows his baseball history, and will often get his followers involved in his charity work.

If you love baseball, and are on Twitter, feel free to follow me, @freehan11 and we will talk baseball.

Also, if you'd like, post in the comment section and let me know where you are on Twitter, and the players, teams, sites, that you follow.

Congratulations to the Giants Tim Lincecum, who became the 8th pitcher to record 1,000 K's in his first five years.

Brennan Boesch of the Detroit Tigers became the first Tiger player to collect 5 hits in a game since center fielder Austin Jackson in April of 2010.

After 12 big league seasons with the Houston Astros, Lance Berkman, who will be getting my vote for the All-Star Game, will return to Houston with the St. Louis Cardinals starting tonight.
Once part of Houston's "Killer B's,", with Craig Biggio, and Jeff Bagwell,   I'm certain the Astros fans will give Lance a nice welcome home.

Have you ever been to Cooperstown, New York, and the National Baseball Hall of Fame?
Would you like to?

Over at MLB.com there's a contest that will give you a chance, courtesy of Phillips Norelco.

Boston Red Sox closer Jonathon Papelbon has been suspended for 3 games after his incident this past Saturday with umpire Tony Randazzo.

Papelbon is appealing, of course, and will still be available to the BoSox as they travel to the Bronx tonight for the start of a 3 game series against the Yankees.

Please make sure to vote in our polls while visiting the site. 
My current poll is on the Cubs Carlos Zambrano, who's, once again, shooting his mouth off about everything wrong with his teammates in Chicago.

Until next time, enjoy the baseball.





No comments:

Post a Comment