Friday, May 6, 2011

Who's the best baseball player ever?

I'll make this short, mostly because i don't feel very good today.

It's time for another poll ranking the best baseball players of All-Time.
ESPN has asked baseball fans to pick the greatest baseball players of All-Time.

For me, this is always a tough call.

What do you do with Bonds, A-Rod, Clemens, and the rest of the steroid era players who have, and continue to, erase legendary numbers.

There are always going to be those who say the Cobbs, Ruth's, and Gehrig's of baseball never had to face black and Latin players, and that the quality of pitching is better today.

All I know is the best hitter of All-Time was Tyrus Raymond Cobb, the best pitcher was Cy Young, and the best all around player was Babe Ruth.

Before you all come back with Mays, yes, The Say Hey Kid was great, but he didn't win 94 big league games as a starting pitcher.

It's almost impossible to agree on the best ball players ever, but that's what makes the game so great.

Ty Cobb, Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig, Ted Williams, Honus Wagner, Joe DiMaggio, Bonds, Greg Maddox, Mike Schmidt, Mickey Mantle.

The list goes on...and on...and on.

2 comments:

  1. Great blog with tons to see. Agree with all your choices, but need to consider Aaron, Frank Robinson, Musial and Rickey H. need to be on the team. I just started a daily sports history blog and was looking for blogs to add to my follow list. I will definitely add yours. I know some other people who might be interested also. Check mine out and let me know
    sportshistory365

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I'll check out your blog as well. Thanks for the feedback.

    ReplyDelete