Saturday, March 26, 2011

Spring reading: "Perfect" by Lew Paper

My wife and I drove down to Jacksonville Beach today, ate lunch at Chick Fil-A, and then went to a Books-A-Million to browse around.

The first thing I noticed were the clearance racks out front, with books ranging from $1 to $5 on the shelves.

On the $2 rack I saw what will be my 1st baseball book of 2011, "Perfect," the story of Don Larsen's perfect game in the 1956 World Series.

I have read just 6 pages, but already, I really like this book.

It was written by Lew Paper, a Harvard Law School graduate who has also written books about John F. Kennedy, and CBS-TV.

What a bargain, a great book about the grand game of baseball, and the grandest of all World Series games, Game 5, Larsen's gem, a game forever etched in baseball history...and, did I mention, it cost $2.00...what a deal.

What are you reading this year? 
Feel free to let me know what baseball books you're currently reading, or have read the past year or so, that you enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment