Saturday, July 10, 2010

Three blogs, not enough time

I started writing this blog because I thought it would be a great way for me to follow baseball, the game I've loved for 43+ years...and counting.


Please excuse my absence, it's not on purpose. I've added to my baseball writing by adding two more blogs, both on baseball, both about my favorite team, the Detroit Tigers. I will get to those later on, but I just wanted to take a few moments to thank those of you who follow this blob, I really appreciate it.

I want to make this blog more than just a report on the games and news around baseball, there are lots of place to go for that. I want this blog to be more than that. I want it to be a place to honor the greatest game ever invented by man, the game of baseball.

With that in mind, I've written a series of articles on my favorite players from every big league team, starting with the American League East, and I've written about a young slugger I saw on Opening Day of the Southern League season here in Jacksonville, a young man who slammed 2 HR's that day, now former Sun, and current Florida Marlin Mike Stanton.


I write about what I love, baseball, and, as I mentioned earlier,  that love now includes 2 more blogs. 


The Brennan Boesch Blog is my blog on the Detroit Tigers, focusing on the Tigers 2010 season, and on rookie outfielder Brennan Boesch.


When I first started paying attention to Tigers rookie outfielder Brennan Boesch, I knew this young man was special, there was just something about the way he approached the game, and the way he was hitting the ball, night time, day time, against right handers, against left handers, at home, on the road. It just doesn't seem to matter.

This kid Boesch plays baseball, it's that simple. At 25, he's older than most rookies, a third round pick by the Tigers in the 2006 draft out of the University of California.


As I write this, listening to the Tigers play the Twins, Brennan Boesch is hitting .345, and that's just the beginning of what this rookie has done for the Tigers so far this year. He has been voted the A.L. Rookie of the Month for both May and June, and he's on his way again this month, batting a robust .458 so far in July. 


Check out  The Brennan Boesch Blog

The other blog is about my collection of Detroit Tigers baseball cards.

My Detroit Tigers Baseball Cards

I used to collect cards as a hobby every single day of my life as a young boy growing up in Kalamazoo, Michigan. I have every Topps baseball card of every Tigers player from 1968-1980, plus a lot more.

I cannot collect like I used to, but there is a tremendous blog community of card collectors of every era, and for every big league team. They trade together, talk cards together, it's a fantastic thing.

So. if you'd like, check out those other blogs, and remember, if it's been a while since I posted something here, it's probably because I'm a little more focused on the Boesch and Tigers card blog, so, feel free to head over to one of them if you'd like.


Until next time, enjoy the great game of baseball.



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment