Friday, May 12, 2017

30 Day Baseball Card Challenge... Day 24

Day 24 of the 30 Day Baseball Card Challenge is a favorite oddball card from the 1960s.




I don't know how long I've had this oddball card, in fact, I never considered it odd at all, it was just a over sized card of my favorite player, Bill Freehan.








                                           My 1964 Topps SUPER 3x5 #30 Bill Freehan Card

     That's Tigers slugging 1st Baseman Norm Cash shaking hands with Freehan at home plate.



The best part of the card, besides it being of Freehan, is the story on the back, with Bill reaching base 9 straight times in 1963 for the Detroit Tigers.



Bill Freehan  has been my favorite player longer than I can remember, and I know for sure as a 4 year old I didn't know anything about baseball, or baseball cards, so I probably picked up the card sometime in the mid/ late 1970s when I had money.



I searched Google for oddball cards of the 1960s and found many Freehan cards that I never knew existed, and would love to have.



I'll definitely be at the next card show here in Portage next month with my eyes open for any oddball Freehan stuff.



Up next in the challenge is an oddball 1970s baseball card...I already know the two, yes, two cards that I'll post about.



PLAY BALL!












No comments:

Post a Comment