Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Topps LIVING SET...Card #102, Victor Martinez

Every Wednesday Topps releases 3 more cards in its Living Set, and this week it's cards #100, #101, and #102.

Card #100 is Babe Ruth, #101 is Sandy Alcantara, and #102 is Victor Martinez.


Featuring the 1953 Topps Baseball Card design, each card is available for just one week, and then, as with Topps NOW cards, they will no longer be available, so, however many orders Topps receives, that's all the cards that will be made.


I'm very happy to see that former Detroit Tigers Catcher/ 1st Baseman/ Designated Hitter Victor Martinez is in the set, as he just retired from baseball after 16 big league seasons with the Cleveland Indians, Boston Red Sox, and my Tigers.




Martinez is only the 2nd Tigers player to be featured in the set, after right fielder Nicholas Castellanos, in week one.


I'll definitely be ordering one, and it will be just my 3rd Living Set card, following Roberto Clemente and Cody Bellinger.

One of my regrets this year was not buying the Castellanos card, and now it's pretty much unattainable, with cards going for around $200.00 on eBay.


I ordered the Clemente card, and I'll get Ruth as well.

The Bellinger card, well, I won that on a contest on Twitter, and it's quite the FUN contest with TOPPS LIVING STATS each week as we try and guess the three cards that will be released.


I'm thinking the Babe Ruth card will set the record for the most cards sold of any of the Living Set so far, (Ronald Acuna, Jr.), so get those cards while you can.






PLAY BALL! ⚾️

1 comment:

  1. Castellanos is going for $200? That's insane. $200 would buy me one, two, maybe even three T206 hall of famers.

    ReplyDelete