Thursday, October 25, 2018

Rocco Baldelli will be new Twins Skipper

As I was scrolling through Twitter this morning I saw that the Minnesota Twins are set to name Rocco Baldelli their new manager this afternoon.





If you don't know who Rocco is, I understand, he's not a household name, but he happens to be my favorite Tampa Bay Rays player.


Actually, he's my favorite Tampa Bay Devil Rays baseball player.


     
                        ⚾️ Upper Deck Matinee Idols, #MI-RB, Rocco Baldelli  ⚾️

The above relic card, my favorite card of Rocco, was delivered to me in person by Paul of Scribbled Ink when we met up at a Detroit Tigers game in August with fellow blogger Dennis of Too Many Verlander's.


We had a great day, even thought the Tigers got hammered by the White Sox, but the game outcome didn't matter because you can't have a bad day at the ballpark.



                        ⚾️ Paul, Dennis, and yours truly,  Comerica Park, 8/26/18 ⚾️

If you look at my blog background you can see me ( the one with the cane), raising my arms as a Ronny Rodriguez HR flew over the right field fence... Paul is the fan standing there in his Tigers jersey... Dennis, well, he was obscured by the foul pole.


We only have a handful of baseball games left this year, so enjoy every pitch, every hit, every play, every inning that's left of the World Series. 


Have a great day, and, most importantly... PLAY BALL!  ⚾️



4 comments:

  1. I was excited about hearing this too since Rocco seems like a great guy who got dealt a bad hand with the illness that ended his career.

    Also, I'm glad to see that photo you took since I think you had it up on Facebook for a hot minute and then took it down? Looking forward to doing that again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gonna need to go to a Twins game...maybe I'll get to meet him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was a fan of Rocco's as well, and I think it'll be interesting to see what he's able to accomplish in Minnesota.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always loved the name 'Rocco Baldelli". I never saw him play. Guess we'll see what he can do. At 37, he's pretty young. If he's good, 30 years in the dugout isn't out of the question.

    ReplyDelete