Sunday, October 28, 2018

Rich Hill Dominates BoSox, I get a Rich Hill BUNT Card

Former Michigan pitcher Rich Hill started Game 4 of the World Series tonight for the Dodgers, and he didn't disappoint. 

The former Wolverine left hander pitched 6 1/3 innings, giving up just 1 hit and 1 run while striking out 7 Red Sox hitters.

While Dodgers manager Dave Roberts was removing Rich from the game with 1 out in the 7th, I started to prepare a post on Hill's terrific start and how he was on his way to earning a victory...until....the Dodgers bullpen imploded, and a 4-0 lead turned into a 9-6 BoSox win and a 3 games to 1 lead in the best of 7 Series.


After the game was over I headed to the Topps BUNT App to see how I did in tonight's game contest, and what do I find as my prize but this beautiful card...







Usually when I play these games I don't have enough points to qualify in the top 1,000 to get an award card, but one of the cards I played was of Rich, so that helped me out.


The BoSox are headed to another championship, but I hope the Dodgers at least win on Sunday Night to extend the baseball season by one more day, as I always want the year extended as much as impossible. 


Have a great Sunday, enjoy Game 5... and, as always... PLAY BALL! ⚾️ 




3 comments:

  1. Nice win for you! I wish the Dodgers bullpen wasn't hot garbage that denied Hill a much-deserved win. At this point LA can go down in flames for all I care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hill was unhittable, he deserved better for sure. I was certain the series would be tied, especially after Puig's homer. But its tough to keep the Sox lineup down for long. Kershaw will have to give LA at least 7 strong innings to force a game 6. It's hard for me to root against him, he's probably my favorite pitcher to watch.

    ReplyDelete